- Google for Sanjukta Basu throws about 16,800 results and almost all links on the first page of the search results is related to her.
- Sanjukta’s personal blog, ‘This Is My Truth’ is 5 years old, has 340 posts, 8 pages, 53 categories, 853 tags, 2,322 comments and 211,707 unique page views.
- She has also contributed to several collaborative blogs like Desicrtics.org and Mutiny.In totaling to over 200 articles that generated over 1200 user comments.
- Served as Managing Editor of Mutiny.In
- Ideated and successfully lead several social media projects involving mass participation: Most significant of them being –
Social Media Baithak
‘Delhi Blogger’s Meets’
‘Blogger’s Outreach Project’
‘Bangalore Bloggers Meets’,
‘Blogger’s Collective’ at 3 consecutive Barcamp Bangalore,
‘Free Hug Campaign’
- In the paid capacity of Breakthrough organized live blogging and tweeting of one of Breakthrough’s rural event by Bangalore Based Bloggers, thereby engaging young urban techies into a rural women event.
Significant Web and Print media mentions and Interviews:
- Guardian UK took her sound bite on the issue of Indian Government blocking Blogger.com sites in 2006. [Link]
- BBC World Service Radio – interviewed on Digital Planet twice for initiatives, ‘Delhi Bloggers Meet with BBC’ and ‘Blogging Outreach Project’ both in 2006 (These were podcast)
- English Technology writer Bill Thompson mentioned Sanjukta in two of his articles on BBC News, where he mentioned the power of social media. [Link 1, Link 2]
- NDTV – story done on Sanjukta’s initiative Blogathon in 2008 [Link]
- Interviewed by TED Blog featured her on their ‘Fellows Friday’ column in 2010 where she spoke about power of personal blogging amongst others things. [Link]
- Interviewed by TATA Tea’s Jaago Re! Campaign interviewed her in 2010 where she spoke about the importance of social media for non profits. [Link]
- Interviewed by Haegwan Kim, research scholar from Japan, for his research ‘Law of Success 2.0’ in December 2010. [Link]
- Interviewed by Indian Express on the Blogging Outreach Project. [Link]
Speaker at Various Conferences, Workshops and Guest Lectureship:
- Guest Lecturer for two semesters at Apeejay Institute of Mass Communication (AIMC) on Law and Media, 2005 – 2006, New Delhi
- Guest Speaker at the Social Media and Blog Camp, New Delhi, June 2008
- Panelist on the Panel Discussion on the film ‘A Wednesday’ at the ‘India Lies In You’ an event by ‘Sri Sri Institute of Management Studies‘, February 2009, Goa.
- Guest speker at the Social Media and Online Campaigns for non-profits organized by Feminist Approch to Technology, New Delhi, December 2009
- Guest lecture on Domestic Violence at the Academic Staff College, Jamia Millia Islamia, New Delhi April 2010
- Speaker at the National Conference on Women Movement in India by Laxmi Bai College New Delhi, March 2010
- Speaker at Jstor / Ithaka workshop on ‘Creating High Impact and Digital Initiatives in India’ Bangalore, December 2010. [Link]
- Speaker at TEDxDTU, an independently organized TED event at Delhi Technological University, January 2011, New Delhi.
- Panelist at ‘Panel Discussion on Social Media Marketing’ at ‘E-Summit 2011′, an annual initiative by ‘Delhi Technological University, February 2011
- Speaker at TEDxPECCHD, an independently organized TED event at Punjub Engineering College, Chandigarh, March 2011
Please do consider Google for more information.